Civtec provide directional drilling, underground thrusting, civil and utilities works. Since establishment in 2014 we have continued to diversify and now have capabilities covering a range of services and technologies servicing the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors. We have dedicated teams of Designers, Field Technicians and Civil works crews. We use the latest technology and high-quality machinery to provide civil, utilities and underground services.
- The opportunity to join an established dynamic and growing organisation who truly values its team
- Medical Insurance fully subsided by Civtec and discounts offered to family members
- Independent and confidential employee assistance programme
- Commitment to health, safety and wellbeing of our team members
- Long service leave after 5 years continuous service
- Discount and purchase benefit packages with our suppliers
We are currently seeking Aerial Fibre Technician's to join our growing Tauranga team. As a Aerial Fibre Technician, you will carry out aerial and underground fibre installation's as well as remedial work ensuring works are completed to industry and company standards.
As an Aerial Fibre Technician, you will be responsible for the following:
- Aerial and underground fibre installations including cabling and fusion splicing in domestic as well as commercial properties.
- Fibre and cable laying from boundary to premises.
- Diagnostics of faults in cabling and/or in equipment.
- Performs site surveys. Assesses and documenting current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Diagnosing and resolving network and system faults to ensure optimal networking functionality.
- Setting up the LAN for customer's equipment to the industry specifications.
- Accurately test fibre (multi-mode and single mode) cable to required certification
- Integrating and configuring telecommunication devices and tools to industry standards.
- Connects fibre optic cables to networking outlets and between network outlets.
- Thrusting and underground cabling for residential customer's, consenting & open trench work.
- Pole Climbing and Surveying
Skills and attributes, we are looking for:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in the telecommunications industry including aerial installations and remedial work or a relevant tertiary qualification in telecommunications, information technology at level 4 or higher
- Current WTC training certificates (WTC1, WTC3)
- Current Working at heights (23229)
- Current Traffic Control TC1 or preferably STMS qualification
- Highest regard for the health and safety of everyone on site, and the public
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong logic in fault finding and problem-solving ability
- Full driver’s license
- Ideally have a current first aid certificate
- Enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude with a strong work ethic
- Be physically fit
Please note, a drug test and MOJ check is required as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.